Monday, December 05, 2005

I love being a lit major

I was just going to comment on how much I enjoy being a lit major, but then I got news that a friend from home had her first baby!! :-) He's quite large and apparently quite healthy, and oh, it's very exciting. Congrats, Kristi!

All right, back to your previously scheduled blog post. I dearly love being a lit major. :-)

-Cup of mango rooibos tea
-Making sense of Mikhail Bakhtin
-About to compare his views on symbolism to Huxley's artistic whatevers in Island.
-About to formulate some sort of Christian literary theory, which, one may hope, I will later discover to have been around since, oh, Augustine. I meant to go talk to Dr. Bates but he'd already left for the day.
And it's snowing outside.

2 comments:

Lisa Adams said...

I love being a lit major, too. Spending my days reading novels, discussing literary theory, writing stories and poetry ... aren't we so deliciously spoiled?

Anonymous said...

we're all jealous ;)