Saturday, January 07, 2006

Rehearsal dinner

Just got back from a rehearsal dinner, for a guy I've gone to church with since we were four. (He's three months older than me.) He's a good guy, and his lady seems to be worthy of him. And vice versa. This is happy.

It was a very encouraging evening. The sister and I were helping, mostly in the kitchen, but we got to watch the powerpoint and hear the toasts. :-) The families were very gracious, and everyone kind. The roast beast and key lime pie were excellent. I even got to see Kristi's new baby.

But most astonishing of all, the entire clan, even the groom, thanked us and talked to us and generally behaved as though we were indispensable parts of the affair and they were not having a seriously emotional weekend. In fact, his mother took time to encourage me. They have always been kind to us, but that right there, ladies and gentlemen, is evidence of God's grace in their lives. I certainly couldn't have pulled it off. Oh that I had character like that.

No comments: