Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Hedgehog with mushrooms

Lunch with old friends sure is pleasant, especially when they know rather more about what you're learning than you do. Today I had pizza with my entire high school accountability group--extraordinarily rare, since we are or have been scattered from Southeast Asia to California to Mexico to Texas to Cruces to Virginia and back--and all their mothers and various other female friends and relations came too.

I got to chat with Anna the Penpike about Russian. She actually speaks it, somewhat, and laughed very hard when I explained that you spell hedgehog with an e with two dots and a snowflake. She then shared that her favorite thing to order in Russian was "with mushrooms," "s'gharchmi" (?), just because it was so cool to say.

My Russian now consists of "hedgehog with mushrooms." Yozh s'gharchmi, anyone?

2 comments:

sarah said...

Whoa. I couldn't begin to pronounce that word. I tried, actually, and it came out sort of like a sneeze. More power to ya! :D

Pinon Coffee said...

achoo!