Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Cool.

It's always pleasant to take a quiz that gives you results you actually like. :-) I'm still slightly disturbed by the Harry Potter quiz that tried to cast me as Lord Voldemort.

I'm terza rima, and I talk and smile.
Where others lock their rhymes and thoughts away
I let mine out, and chatter all the while.

I'm rarely on my own - a wasted day
Is any day that's spent without a friend,
With nothing much to do or hear or say.

I like to be with people, and depend
On company for being entertained;
Which seems a good solution, in the end.

And if I weren't terza rima, says the quiz results, I'd be a sonnet.

I am the sonnet, never quickly thrilled;
Not prone to overstated gushing praise
Nor yet to seething rants and anger, filled
With overstretched opinions to rephrase;
But on the other hand, not fond of fools,
And thus, not fond of people, on the whole;
And holding to the sound and useful rules,
Not those that seek unjustified control.
I'm balanced, measured, sensible (at least,
I think I am, and usually I'm right);
And when more ostentatious types have ceased,
I'm still around, and doing, still, alright.
In short, I'm calm and rational and stable
-Or, well, I am, as much as I am able.

3 comments:

Lisa Adams said...

I'm terza rima, too :). And if I weren't I'd be blank verse.

Good talking to you earlier ...

Pinon Coffee said...

Cool! :-)

Did you find the rental place and enjoy the movie?

Anonymous said...

What a surprise: I'm a sonnet, with heroic couplets in second place. If I change my LOTR answer to skipping songs, though, which is what I did when I was 15 and stupid, I get rubai. That's still oddly fitting, though, since it's the form of some Frost poems I like.