Thursday, November 08, 2007

Be still, my beating heart

As a general note of interest, this is my 500th post on my blog. I started it October 2004, not long before the presidential election; I remember because that night I was blogging about something entirely unrelated and had trouble posting due to the election-blog traffic. According to my calculations, that averages to a post every 2.2 days, or not quite every other day. Not too bad.

Yes, well. What I was really going to blog about was food.

Last night we watched Ratatouille on DVD. I like rats, and I like kitchens, though I do not like them together. But that movie always makes me want to cook.

So it was only appropriate that the good doctor sent me out this morning on a pastry run. I'd been craving a Black Forest strudel from the Coffee Booth, because they make them fresh and crispy and they're all full of berry-and-chocolate goodness. Oh my. I went mid-morning (it always feels dissipated and adventurous leaving the office at nine-thirty in the morning) and discovered them to be out of strudel. But that was okay; they had apricot scones and cranberry-orange scones and maple-walnut scones. I got a nice array.

No sooner had we sent half the scones to their just reward (those scones were very happy scones) when two representatives of a local oral surgeon turned up with about a quart of fresh salsa--real avocado in it!--and a big bag of tortilla chips. And we haven't even finished the tub of popcorn a local periodontist mailed us last week.

And just to make my life quite complete, it's a gorgeous day. The season is advanced enough to bring us sunbeams indoors, and the weather warm enough to leave the door open. Happiness.

1 comment:

Peter S said...

"It always feels very dissipated and adventurous"

LOL

Only you would use "dissipated" as a positive adjective. :-D

PCS