Sunday, January 31, 2010

Conscience strikes back

One of my favorite books from college was Budziszewski's What We Can't Not Know, which talked about conscience and how you really can't escape it. He went into the Greek Furies and all kinds of fun stuff. This article from Boundless just linked Budziszewski on conscience with why there's such an all-fired fuss about Tim Tebow's pro-life commercial for the Superbowl. The opposition must be silenced: if nobody else tells them they're wrong, maybe their consciences won't, either.

I can't prove it, of course, but it has a lot of explanatory power.

2 comments:

MagistraCarminum said...

Speaking of conscience, C- doesn't yours twinge just a little that you blogged about Meg's birthday, and about taking pictures, and then didn't share any? Nary a one?

I'm just saying....

Pinon Coffee said...

:-) If it makes you feel better, I haven't sent the newest batch to my parents yet, either...