Monday, September 06, 2010

September

I'm vaguely astonished it's September already. School time, yes; school always starts when it's still hot out, so that's fine, but September? Very strange. I don't miss writing papers, but I kind of do miss buying school supplies and going to class. On the up side, this means apple season is almost here, and cool-enough-to-use-the-oven season. Yum.

The September Anthropologie catalog is up, and it's inspiring and lovely as always. The clothes are fine, but what I really want is the scenery. Yes, I'd like to order a prairie and two mountain vistas, with a paint horse - can you ship them express, please? I don't know where they did that first photo shoot, but it looks like the high plains and mountains of New Mexico. "My heart's in the Highlands, my heart is not here/ My heart's in the Highlands, a-chasing the deer..."

1 comment:

The Raven's Landing said...

Wow. You aren't kidding. That catelog is gorgeous.