Sunday, November 14, 2010

The most unique recipe I've seen all week, and a different art

Fascinating. They've found and tried Marilyn Monroe's stuffing recipe, which she wrote out on the back of some letterhead. It's unusual - no broth, but three types of nuts and tons of other ingredients - and who knew she was quite a good cook?? The article suspects she made it for or was inspired by her (briefly) husband Joe DiMaggio's Italian family. I'd somehow managed not to know she'd married him. That makes two things I've learned about Marilyn Monroe tonight.

And in a complete change of pace, 650 Philly opera singers burst into Handel's Messiah at Macy's last weekend. I actually teared up a bit watching it, though I think they may have lost the pace a toward the end. The Improv Everywhere ethos is spreading, which is interesting - I think we're getting tired, culturally, of prefab everything. And how cool is it that 650 reasonably competent singers got to belt it out about God's glory in a shopping mall? :-)

No comments: