Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happy Wednesday

This series is just gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. I love the blue post - that old Singer reminds me of the old sewing machines Jonathan and I saw last time we went thrifting. I wanted one. But aren't the colors adorable?

Apparently I'm behind the times, but some people are having royal wedding parties to watch the event on TV. Free printables.

Peter Jackson has up his first video blog from the Hobbit movie. I'd embed it, but Blogger tends to cut off my videos. So just go watch it on Youtube - ten minutes of Bag End, Rivendell, the Misty Mountains, some nifty dwarvish facial hair (and armor! and swords!) and a really drool-worthy wardrobe department. You'll also get to see the native New Zealanders' blessing ceremony. I want to go to Weta now and help hem cloaks. Please?

Sigh. For those of us not invited to help with the Hobbit, here's how to make pinch pleated drapes that actually look good. The tutorial looks quite straightforward. The secret: pleat tape and pleater hooks. I had no idea such a thing existed.

I'm still off my schedule from the lovely weekend away. I spent the day doing things like buying groceries and leggings, and rearranging the bookshelves in hopes of finding a missing DVD, actually finding the missing real cell phone and toy cow, and of course posting fabulous things to share with you all. In any case, I had to double check what day it is. Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

V-Dawg said...

In case you're interested: Blogger's video embedding is flawed, and for some reason they've never fixed it. That's one reason why a lot of people consider Wordpress superior. If you want your whole video to show up in Blogger you have to edit the html for the video size; I've only done it once or twice so I don't remember all the details. Links are a lot more convenient if you don't care about increasing people's dwell time on your site.