Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Getting rid of stuff

Right now, it's kind of trendy to get rid of stuff and live minimally and be horrified by hoarders. And I know. You can't keep everything, especially if you're moving a lot between small apartments. But I really hate it when I get rid of something and then I want it again later. For instance: I used to have a shirt like this and a skirt in black and white similar to this, and I loved them. I would like to wear them this fall. WHY did I get rid of them? When will I stop trying to be practical??

Apparently, the trick is to figure out what you're going to want again. Tell me if anybody figures this out.

3 comments:

The Raven's Landing said...

no kidding! I want to clean out my closet, but a lot of the skirts in there I still like, even though I don't wear them--I've put them in a box and I'll probably dig them out again someday when the urge hits. They were hard to find and much loved...I really really dont want to send them to the thrift store...

Pinon Coffee said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with this problem! I definitely affirm you putting them in a box for later if you still like them!

Jonathan said...

Most of what I get rid of, I'm happy about having gotten rid of. But the other day I roundly kicked myself (metaphorically speaking) for having passed on several books that it turns out I still want to own....