Thursday, June 21, 2012

Way out west

I've been trying to work up the energy to post about our lovely trip West, which we took at the beginning of June. First there was laundry and then the moment had passed. My pictures still aren't even downloaded, which is sad. I think I'll give up on doing it justice and just post already.

We really went out for my friend Anna's wedding in Colorado. We also celebrated a triple birthday party for my sister, dad, and brother-in-law, threw a surprise mini-shower for my sister, visited the good doctor and admired his new office, and spend a few days with my grandparents. Meg has only met them twice before, so that was especially important.

A secondary goal (totally accomplished) was to eat at as many of my old favorite places as we could manage. Behold:

El Pinto - Albuquerque
Ecco Gelato - downtown Santa Fe
Joann's Ranch-O-Casados - Espanola
Mimi's Cafe - Colorado Springs
Chili Works - Los Alamos
El Rancho - Portales
Leal's - Clovis
Cotton Patch - Clovis
Rosa's - Lubbock

We also tried to get Dad caught up on superhero movies, went to the dress shop in Portales, and did a spot of antiqueing in Clovis. But really most of our time there was spent eating, getting ready to eat, getting ready for the triple birthday party and surprise baby shower, and, in approved family fashion, going to Wal-Mart every day at least once. Mission accomplished.

No comments: