Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bedspread

I'm on the lookout for a leopard-spotted bedspread for Meg's room. I'd like it to be classic brown spots, not black, purple, hot pink, or rainbow, though colorful trim might work. This season everyone seems to have zebras. It also needs to be machine washable. And not... ugly. I've been haunting Kohl's, Target, Wal-Mart, Ross', Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Bed Bath & Beyond, Sears, Ikea, and HomeGoods and haven't found one, so if anyone comes across a promising specimen, I'd love to hear about it.

I've considered making one myself out of two leopard flat sheets, or a leopard and a pink one, but I've never quilted* and that would be a lot of trouble. I would really rather buy one if possible.



*I did make a quilted potholder in fourth grade, but I knew more about sewing than my teacher and the potholder doesn't have enough stuffing to be used for holding hot pots. I don't think it counts. It makes for great padding between glass bowls, though.

2 comments:

The Minnesotan with the German-Irish Name said...

Does it need to be a comforter or quilt? I'm thinking duvet cover: easy to make from a couple of sheets, easy to clean, no quilting!

Em said...

I love you. Have I mentioned that? Best sister ever. Also, the Pink Pixie and I think it's cool that you still have that potholder. xoxo