Friday, August 09, 2013

What to wear, what to wear

I'm about eight months along, and this little one is due in about a month and a half. I am now officially bigger than I've ever been before; it's not a bad thing, except that I get up most mornings and look at my closet totally confused. Even when things fit, they don't fit like they used to, so I guess I have to recalibrate all my outfits. Things don't seem to go with each other. What does the well-dressed mama on a budget even wear for late summer? I have this irrational feeling that I should be a) covered (even in the middle), b) really stinkin' cute, and c) still look like myself. I don't want to buy much for just a month and a half, but I really would like to wear something attractive.

I used to know how to sew, but my waist doesn't seem to be where I left it and hemlines are rising and falling - like the Roman Empire, only faster - and sometimes they rise and fall again in the same skirt. Terrifying.

I still have cute shoes, though. So there.

1 comment:

Joy said...

sigh. Yes, I feel ya. Was there with #2. Does Old Navy have their maternity summer maxi-dresses on sale yet? That would work and still be cute and comfy.

On the plus side, even if you are not covered completely anymore, at least it is summer and you won't be cold. With #1, this happened to me in December, and it is miserable when it is freezing out!

Wanna come hang out at the pool again? You don't have to be all covered there. :-)