Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Shakespeare strikes again

Borachio: Thou knowest that the fashion of a doublet, or a hat, or a cloak, is nothing to a man.
Conrade: Yes, it is apparel.
Borachio: I mean the fashion.
Conrade: Yes, the fashion is the fashion.
Borachio: Tush! I may as well say the fool's the fool. But seest thou not what a deformed thief this fashion is? ...How giddily 'a turns about all the hotbloods between fourteen and five-and-thirty? ...
Conrade: All this I see; and I see that the fashion wears out more apparel than the man. But art not thou thyself giddy with the fashion too, that thou hast shifted out of thy tale into telling me of the fashion?

So in PBR this morning, Dr. Bates asked why the fool, you know, the guy who says there's no God, is a fool.

It was irresistible. "Because he changed his fashion!"

All right, so it wasn't the greatest joke ever. But it amused me. :-)

No comments: