Sunday, December 26, 2004

Good blessings

It has been a good Christmas.

To start with, soror mea and I are HOME. New Mexico is beautiful! The sky is so clear that even in town and with a full moon, you can still see some stars. Virginia has many virtues, but its night sky is not among them. Stars and moons are part of the right ordering of the universe, and oh, I love them.

To continue with, the cats forgave us for going away to school and are decently cuddly. We had a fire in the fireplace twice before heading over the Rio Grande and through the prairie to Grandfather's house for Christmas Day: we meant to head over on the 23rd, but it snowed, so we held off till Christmas Eve.

I'm enjoying ill health on break and not during the school year. I have upgraded to orange juice and shopping, so life is improving. :-)

I've been getting to read and watch movies--or do nothing whatever, as I please. Early on in the break I finished Lynne Truss's Eats, Shoots, and Leaves. I want a "Stickler" pin! That's a grammar stickler, for those of you unfortunate enough not to have read her, and watch out: I'm seriously tempted to turn into a grammar vigilante! ::evil chuckle:: Now, where's that permanent marker...?

And between food and presents--dude, am I blessed.

2 comments:

Praelucor said...

Cara Carolyne, I beg you not to become a grammar vigilante. What you are right now is charming--a young lady who cares about proper grammar, but is not obsessed with it, and therefore does not make other people's lives miserable by constant criticism. You are the perfect paper-editor, and I so enjoy your occasional rants on the subject. Leave it there, Domina... leave it there. What would "Busman's Honeymoon" be like if Sayers had been a strict grammarian?

Pinon Coffee said...

::sigh:: Good sense has yet again been spoken. I will refrain from making the rest of the world miserable for its bad grammar. Thank you, Praelucor. ;-)