Saturday, June 25, 2005

Books, Bealls, and intelligent design

Thank you, everyone who's been praying for the reading group. :-) The meeting Wednesday went well. I'd made up a lot of trivia questions and we divided into teams. It was actually kind of fun. In addition to the question (worth one to seven points), you also got a point each for knowing the book it was from, the chapter number, and the chapter title. This led to some impressive (accurate) deductive reasoning. "Well, that happened before this but after that, and it was pretty close to the end..."

Next, I did get the Bealls job after all. :-) I spent all day today watching training videos. The most interesting one was "how to fit a tux"; the most entertaining ones were with this one guy who--well, his photographers got creative. We spent much of one video watching things from the perspective of his pocket.

I have been made happy because I went to the library over my lunch break and checked out the new Amelia book, which came out last April or so and I haven't gotten to read it yet. :-)

And then tonight Daddy began his "Darwin or Design" seminar. The first hour was putting the creation controversy into the perspective of why it's important relating to apologetics. I liked the way Dad did it; he made it clear that creation is not the most important thing to defend in the faith; the Resurrection is that. After that we watched and discussed the first half of the movie "Icons of Evolution." Tomorrow the seminar resumes.

But Bealls wants me to work this Sunday. :-(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm SO glad they want you to work! And, really, you shouldn't have to work on Sunday if you don't want to...