Monday, June 20, 2005

PHC in the New Yorker

The New Yorker has an article about us. The girl they spend most of their time on, Elisa, was my roommate freshman year. Hanna Rosin did a quite tolerable job overall, though there are some interesting bits.

--She quoted an email of Ben's (on the subject of modesty, which I gather is a foreign concept) rather out of context, and juxtaposed him with Farahn, a trifle unfairly. If you want the full email, I think I have a copy saved. It was much more humble and even-handed than the quote sounds.

--Actually, "the fishbowl" has never been Lake Bob. It refers either to the conference room upstairs or to PHC itself, being, as we generally are, surrounded by media video cameras.

--We manage to have a lot of fun, despite not getting drunk or sleeping around. We certainly have more fun the morning after. :-D

--She didn't mention Liberty Ball, even though she was there and I believe some of the guys asked her to dance. :-)

No comments: