Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The apt quote

"We were not professionals, and so we did not know what could not be done."

Don't know where that quote came from, but it describes...quite a lot of my life, actually. Homeschooling is the epitome of not knowing what can't be done. So are amateur theatricals. Everyone keeps commenting how brave we are to do Macbeth. Not really. I didn't know enough to be worried. After all, my mother once put on Hamlet. It doesn't matter, really, if you know what you're doing if God calls you to do it; you can only do your best, and He will prosper it or not as He sees fit. Doing things well is, of course, better; but still, I find it an encouraging thought.

I dearly love the adventures Aslan sends. :-)

1 comment:

Pinon Coffee said...

Amen. Thank you, Ben. I love it when other people are more coherent on my blog than I am. :-)