Friday, February 17, 2006

A Friday

The wind from the west returned today and tried to blow me into Lake Bob. It nearly succeeded, only I was going to chapel and laughed as I went.

<:3 )-----

I filled out DRW forms today, three of them. I went to show them to Dr. Libby. She made them good in her eyes and sent me forth to find Dr. Smith. He was actually seat-belted in the van, ready to retreat, but I poked my pages at him and he gave me his autograph. Thrice.

<:3 )------

Today she who loves mice took me to Movie Gallery. She had a mouse on her dashboard much like my own Pepin the Short. I felt right at home. We sat at a red light and talked to each other in funny voices, like thoroughly sensible mouse-lovers.

<:3 )-----

A bunch of us went to Dorm 4 ("Boy country?!" "They don't bite!") to watch Shrek II. I liked it in spite of everything. It was functioning within the fairy tale genre, not attacking it from outside; the objectionable things were mere cultural stupidities, but the story itself will endure.

3 comments:

sarah said...

Who is "she who loves mice?" I am wracking my brains, but I can't recall any especial propensity to adore rodents among my friends.

What are you doing for DRW?

Pinon Coffee said...

Dominique is she who loves mice. :-) Did you ever visit her room? It's quite full of them. Very pleasant if you like them, but it would probably be worrisome if you don't!

For DRW, I'm doing that medieval lit class (mostly Chaucer, Dante, and Malory), a study and imitation of the Faerie Queene, a masque, and a Macbeth paper.

Pinon Coffee said...

Didn't I tell y'all I was doing a masque? I thought I told everyone and their dogs. Well--all and sundry, I'm doing a masque. It may or may not be any good, but it'll be done, by George!