Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Weekend report

I'm rather happy, despite the time change, because I had the most amazingly, wonderfully productive weekend in a long time. :-)

Friday:
I PICKED UP MY ENGAGEMENT RING from the jeweler! It's beautiful; it fits; and they told me they've never made this ring out of 18K gold before. So I've got the only one like it in the world. It and I have been pretty much inseparable since then. :-)

Also Friday: Jonathan and I made contact with his pastor, finally, for a spot of premarital counseling. Yay! Verizon is an awesome company.

And I went and worked out with Marianne--another thing we've been meaning to do for ages.

Last but not least, I bought all the makings of wedding invitations. Some of it was even on sale.

Saturday:
I scoped out local restaurants for potential rehearsal dinner sites, and took pictures. I found very nice, professional places; I found places that obviously didn't want large parties; I found a hideously expensive place; I found places that might be possibilities.

And, of course, while I was down in Santa Fe, I dropped by Borders. (Books and coffee between them are just about irresistible.) While I was there, I ran into my jeweler. She herself hadn't been at the shop when I picked it up, and there was a certain amount of where-do-I-know-her-from?-ing on both sides, but contact was eventually made, and we admired the ring very much. :-)

Sunday:
I did normal church-ey things, prepared for Sunday school next week (for while I'm gone, so my kind sub will have something to teach), and attended the new building meeting--complete with a tour at the end. It's coming along! It looks like a building! Yay!

Monday:
I know, it wasn't "weekend" by any stretch of the word, but I did get the invitation text drafted and proofread, and the restaurant pictures burned onto a CD. So I was happy.

No comments: