Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Grace and coffee

Ruhamah once told me a story about how, in a sense, when she was getting ready to graduate, she could feel God's grace for her college time lifting. It was just time for her to go, and His grace for her was going elsewhere, and she better not try to hang on without Him. I can't come up with an exact Scripture for that, but the principle seems sound.

And when I graduated, something of the same thing happened. There was enough grace for as long as I was supposed to be there, but it wouldn't have been good to stay longer. As a nice little extra, I got an illustration. I had precisely enough coffee grounds to last me and Kay through graduation morning, and none left over.

This afternoon I was setting up my pot of pinon coffee for my last day of work tomorrow, and once again I had enough in the package and finished it off. The grace and the coffee are sufficient.

I'll buy more coffee in Virginia. :-)

1 comment:

Joy said...

I know the feeling. :-)