Monday, February 20, 2012

Necklaces

Peacock necklace
I love holiday weekends. Yesterday I puttered around and organized my recipe binders, and today I puttered and organized my necklace collection.

A lot of my jewelry is really boring. I also have a bunch of necklace-less pendants, single earrings, and bracelets that aren't my style anymore. So, I spent my afternoon taking them apart and reassembling them to be more interesting.

Detail of peacock pendant

This peacock necklace started as a lonely earring, two bracelets, and a hummingbird pendant from my great-aunt.

Seal and jewel




This was a Forever 21 necklace and a red jewel I got free with ordering a magazine. They look good together.

Russian necklace



I liked this combination. It's a really heavy former earring on a bead chain I got at a museum store. A single brass loop finding was visually too light for the pairing, so I used three to heft it up. It strikes me as vaguely Russian, in that "yes it's forty below but we're going to wear velvet and go to the opera" kind of way.

Pink rose

My sister gave me that rose pendant and it's been languishing ever since. I attached a pink sparkly pendant I've had forever and a couple of doo-dads off other jewelry I dismantled. I feel like it could still use something, so I'm going to think about it and maybe add more.




Chunky pearls

This is my lovely new pearl necklace which broke. All the hardware was still good, which was nice, so I just gave it a new wire.

I love holiday projects. Anybody else make things this weekend?

No comments: