Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The things she says

I love Meg's relationship with grammar. It's so reasonable and not-really-English. She uses "Me too" to mean, "I agree!" As in, "Cinnamon rolls are yummy." "Me too, Mommy!" She uses "snuggle" as a transitive (and imperative) verb, as in, "Snuggle Pooh bear now!"

Of course, some of her conversation is just funny. She was talking to her auntie on the phone and that gold bust of Bismarck on her top shelf came up. "Bismarck is heavy. Love him. Love Bismarck, love Bismarck, love Bismarck." I am ruining my child.

In other news, while Meg was napping today and not talking, I applied the lemon oil of righteousness to the baseboards of humidity, and they went from grayish blah to shiny and wooden-looking. My method is simple: apply lemon oil to rag, apply oily rag to wood. Repeat as needed. Good stuff, lemon oil.

No comments: