Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Room makeover, part 2

The keystone piece in Meg's room makeover turns out to be a ginormous basket from Ross's, of all things. Woo! All of Meg's stuffed animals fit in there, and we were able to throw away the junky boxes and cardboard shelf and that nonsense. I moved the dresser next to her crib and switched around her low drawers and shelf, and it opened up the space beautifully. Jonathan walked in and asked if I'd made the room bigger. He's a great husband.

We're still waiting for the ottoman pouf to arrive, and I have her new little white rocking chair about halfway painted white. I ran into technical difficulties, such as running out of spray paint and then having to wait 48 hours for it to cure before I can do more coats. Also, it's been raining all day, but since I'm painting in the stairwell that's not a huge issue. Side note: when we buy a forever house, it needs a YARD so that I can paint things properly.

I'm planning to post pictures after it's all done. :-)

No comments: