Wednesday, August 01, 2012

I'll keep watching for leopards, but this'll do for now

New matelasse bedspread

 The bedspread issue was getting ridiculous, so I got a nice, normal, classic, washable matelasse coverlet in cream. It was on clearance. The sham I already had - the pattern is different, but the color is the same, so they blend quite happily. It looks good with hot pink sheets, and it'll be useful for the next fifty years.

I'll keep an eye out for leopards. I'm thinking a leopard-spotted throw might be pretty folded across the foot of the bed. Or, of course, someone might produce a leopard-spotted bedspread.

Or I might learn to quilt. :-)

Matelasse in its natural habitat. Observe the bust of Bismarck.

2 comments:

Em said...

SO CUTE!!! Even if there is no leopards yet. And I still think Bismark would look good in a nice glossy pink! <3 Love!

Pinon Coffee said...

:-D I agree, Bismark would look great in glossy pink. I just still can't bear to part with that gold paint with actual original patina!

You should get a bust for Young James and paint it something glossy.