Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy New Year!

I just looked down at the calendar in the corner of my screen. 1/1/2013. It seems so unlikely, somehow. Where did 2012 go? Where did... all those years go? And what are all those ones doing on my screen?

At the beginning of the year, my resolution was 212 blog posts for 2012.  I didn't quite make it, with only 196 posts, but that's my most prolific since 2007 (207), so that's something. What the resolution did accomplish was drag my blog back to being a regular part of my life, which I had hoped it would do, so I'm relatively satisfied. Hopefully you are too.

We celebrated the new year with special appetizers for dinner over a rowdy game of Don't Break the Ice. Meg got it for Christmas and is a big fan, but hasn't quite grasped the nuance of not wanting to knock the polar bear down among the icebergs, so some of the rounds were short. Jonathan and I meant to play Settlers of Catan after we put Meg down, but we were so tired we collapsed with our several computers and that was kind of that. I played Bejeweled, personally. It's like Tetris only girlier, and I love it so much. I almost made it to midnight, but then I fell asleep at 11:55. Jonathan watched the political reports as we fell off the fiscal cliff.

I don't have any New Years Resolutions, precisely, and I tend to find meditating on the previous year somewhat inconclusive. I'm not sure I accomplished anything last year. I didn't write a novel or learn to knit or, um, visit Madagascar. We're still potty training and haven't bought a house yet. Wait! I sewed a red dress and most of a hobbit cloak. And Meg has learned her letters and numbers. There, that's what I did last year. But in any case, the Lord has taken good care of us, and that's pretty reassuring. I mean, I am reassured that He will take care of us again this year. A very happy New Year to you all.

No comments: