Thursday, January 10, 2013

Judgment falls on the filing cabinet

We have an evil filing cabinet. The drawers won't stay in their runners; if you put so much as a couple pieces of paper in them, the drawers all fall straight down and you have to take them all out to get at anything. Also, one of them is warped, so it doesn't go all the way in, either. I think it does it on purpose. It's really rattley and loud and I paid full price for it only a year ago, and, shall we say, it tempts me to profanity.

Yesterday I was wrestling with it to move it out of my room and into Meg's room, temporarily. (Its next destination is the dumpster.) Meg was sitting on my bed watching with a lively curiosity.

"Can I kick it?" she asked.

I wasn't sure I understood. "You want to kick the filing cabinet?"

"Mm-hmm."

"Sure! Kick it!"

Meg gave it one good kick. She and Justice seemed satisfied.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Lol! Good for Meg!