Saturday, February 26, 2005

Concentrating on the good

It occurs to me that I'm quite bad at depicting evil in my stories and whatnot. This could be a problem.

It further occurs to me that a lot of people have talent in that area, but don't really believe in good, truth, and beauty (to use Dr. Hake's triad). So perhaps it would be a useful niche for me to concentrate on the good.

The trick would be to convince them at the same time to listen to me as not being hopelessly out of touch with reality, which indisputably does contain evil.

1 comment:

Praelucor said...

Domina, the world needs laughter, if it be laughter for the right reasons, from the right source, for the right end. You are correct, I think, in recognizing that life is (as "Waiting for Godot" holds) a tragicomedy. But the comedy element is always stronger than the tragedy. Therefore, be comic! Remind us to laugh, because we are saved. Do not released prisoners laugh? Recalled to life as we are, how could we not?