Monday, February 21, 2005

God knows what He's about

Michael and Rachel just got engaged--they're not my best friends, but I have a definite affection for them anyway! And I'm particularly glad to see them happily engaged. :-D

But God has shown Himself twice in little ways about them. First, I almost went dancing Saturday night, and after I decided not to, I found out that the candlelight ceremony for Rachel was that evening. I would have missed it if I'd gone. (It was a good one--she had a powerpoint and everything.) Second, tonight I had the chance to go swimming, and was thoroughly indecisive about it, and finally I decided that I'd go if I could find my swimsuit. Well, I turned the room upside down and lo and behold, there was a complete lack of swimsuit. So I stayed put. And it was a good blessing, because they just bobtized Michael, and I would have been very sorry to miss that. Thus, Michael and Rachel have had their engagement properly validated PHC-style. There's nothing like a courting ritual!

So. It's not the most profound blessing ever, but I thought it was a particularly nice one. :-)

No comments: