Sunday, June 11, 2006

Bear stories

So I went to a gathering for a lady who used to live in Los Alamos and came back to visit. It mostly consisted of the people who went to my church fifteen years ago. Hardly any of their children--my old friends--were there; we had a ten-year-old, myself, and a girl about six years older than me. Other than that, it was my parents and their contemporaries, all of whom have known me since I was four. Good--good for me, after going to college--but weird.

At this party they told bear stories. And I thought they were so funny, I'm going to tell them to you. :-)

Somewhere back east there was a territorial cat. This territorial cat who ran a bear up a tree. It was sitting down there keeping it in it. Somebody has photographic evidence.

And then another lady's son, about my age, went rock climbing up in the Jemez. He got maybe 150 feet up, and then in a tree just about eye level, he looked up and saw a bear. The bear saw him too, and was so surprised it fell out of the tree!

No comments: