Monday, June 12, 2006

A momentous day

When I took my mother up town this morning, I was still firmly in the ranks of the unemployed and meant to come home about noon. When I came home this evening about 6:00, I had a job and nearly five hours of training toward it done. :-)

I'm now the dentist's new receptionist. I know one of his dental assistants and she said to apply, so I did this morning about 9:00, and got interviewed, and started right after lunch. He's wonderful; I've known him forever. Our families used to go to church together and his daughter was Hamlet in our production. His current receptionist is permanently leaving for Kansas early next week, and then I'll be on my own. The days are long, but I get every Friday off and all the lab holidays, and the pay is excellent.

Cool! Yikes! Good blessing! Most providential that it happened; pray I'll be able to do the job with a week's training. But it is a good blessing. I'm grateful.

4 comments:

Lisa Adams said...

Wow! I'm so happy for you :). How kind of God to arrange this for you! Sounds perfect.

I miss you and am going to email you ... sometime ... soon ...

Is this the good news to which you were referring on Ben's blog?

sarah said...

That's wonderful, especially considering how hard a time some people have finding jobs. :) I hope it goes well for you.

Joy said...

Great! Now if I come back and get my teeth cleaned, I can see you too! (I haven't even tried to find a new dentist here. I can't imagine anyone being a better dentist than Dr. M.)

Anonymous said...

Hurrah for a job, especially one as a receptionist! :-) (I'm a bit biased...) Have fun-I'm sure you'll do wonderfully.