Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Quotes of the weekend

“Dulles has many things, but many of them are not hot air balloons.” Carolyn 11-9-06

To Carolyn: “You're going to be with your own kind.” Mom 11-9-06

“Ben A. is coming to McDonald's? I think that's an ontologically negative action.” Meredith 11-9-06

“Close-quarters killing moves are not romantic.” Bales
“I tell you, yes they are. Tonight—Colton and Cate—that hand thing—” Ben A
“You're right.” Bales 11-9-06

The occult element at the Renaissance Fair: “That's because they don't have the most authentic part of the Renaissance: the stake.” Bales 11-9-06

“Is this a Star Wars fan club or a Zahn fan club?” Krautter
“Both!” Carolyn 11-9-06

“Soul and enrollment: it'd be kind of nice to keep both.” Emily-Rose 11-10-06

Mr. Compson: “He's some kind of dissolute Southern gentleman.” Dr. Hake 11-0-06

Quentin Compson: “He waited till the end of the year to commit suicide so the money wouldn't be wasted.” Abby C.
“Small comfort.” Dr. Hake
“Do it BEFORE finals!” Holcomb and Jennifer S. in unison 11-10-06

“The intellectuals were wrong about every major issue of the twentieth century.” The Assistant Deputy Director of Public Communications Liaison Something 11-10-06

“Let me tell you, as a Christian and a conservative working within the Beltway, a lot of the time you feel like a vegetarian at a cattlemen's convention.” Assistant Deputy 11-10-06

“And praise God we're not automatons or potatoes.” Assistant Deputy 11-10-06

“George W. Bush is the greatest liberator of Muslim women in the history of the world.” Assistant Deputy 11-10-06

“Christy, Christina, who cares?” Ben G. 11-10-06

“Are you quite alive yet this morning, David?” Sarah P.
“No, not yet.” David C. 11-10-06

“Where's all your hair, Ben?” Dr. Hake
“Oh, it comes and goes.” Ben A. 11-10-06

“We need to clone Dr. Smith.” Dr. Gruenke
“No. That is NOT a good idea.” Mrs. Smith
“You'll learn in rhetoric that what is unique is praiseworthy.” Dr. Smith 11-10-06

To Carolyn: “Pardon me, haven't you left?” Dr. Smith 11-10-06

“It was kind of a joke there for a while that you wasted your brain cells on celebrities.” Dr. Gruenke 11-10-06

If you take out a rat's hippocampus: “You've got an extremely dumb rat with brain damage.” Dr. Gruenke 11-10-06

“All soybeans have a collective soul?” Carolyn
“It actually begins to make sense biologically.” Dr. Gruenke 11-10-06

“I can be very skeptical, especially when I don't believe something!” Bales 11-10-06

“God is bigger than a piece of clip art.” Ben A. 11-11-06

“I believe I just heard Philip Cole say, 'And that's why God created knives.'” Natalie H. 11-11-06

“Actually, I’m an angel.” Mike H
“Actually, I don’t think you could be an angel, because you never have to announce ‘Don’t be afraid,’ when you enter a room.” Emily-Rose 11-12-06

“If I haven’t figured out my life by the time I graduate, I’ll be a mail-order bride or something.” Emily-Rose 11-12-06

“Again, how did you end up in your family?” Ben G.
“Transmigration of souls.” Ben A. 11-12-06

“One day my friend Domenic and I got an even odder request: we had to find and destroy a septic tank.” Scott 11-13-06

“I think the class revolted and demanded Augustine.” Ben A.
“Pretty much.” Rachel M 11-13-06

“What's with Eden Troupe guys and shaving??” Emily-Rose
“If you had a beard...” Jordan 11-13-06

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Your quotes made me laugh. I'm glad that you could visit us this weekend.

~Amy

Pinon Coffee said...

Yay! I'm glad you liked them.

And I'm glad I got to visit, too. :-)

Campeador said...

I liked the second quote. It was great to see you, by the way.

This is random, but every time I see your blogger angel I think of Tobin, the rock and the duel. Memories...

:)

Lisa Adams said...

No scandalous quotes from me :). I'm improving!!!

Jonathan said...

No quotes from me at all. I'm slipping. ;-)

It was splendid to see you. Come back sometime. :-)

Pinon Coffee said...

Yeah, that was a very cool rock. And the duel added greatly to the amusement of the season. :-)

Yeah, Thacia and Jonathan, I can't imagine how you both escaped without being quoted! It doesn't seem right, somehow.

Anonymous said...

Dear...Are you trying to utterly destroy my credibility on this campus?!

~Lady Ancilla

P.S. that is humour...I miss your quote lists...do come again sometime?