Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Unconnected thoughts

I got a whiff of summer this weekend. Wading pools--new inflatable rafts--shower curtains--they all smell like summer. They say of all your senses, odors are most closely connected to emotions in your brain. I unwrapped that shower curtain and the fresh plastic sent me straight to June.

Secondhand Lions was just as good a movie the second time around as the first. If you haven't seen it, you should. As soon as you can. There is a bit of language, but--it's a good movie. My dad is still happy from it.

The office got a brand-new, snazzy, hi-tech coffeemaker yesterday. It's black and red and spacey, and when we arrived this morning, there was a brewed pot waiting for us. True, it came on two hours too early by mistake, but these glitches happen.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

I need to watch that movie again.

Maybe get a copy. Once I replace the movies I had, and loaned out, and never came back. (Something like half of my dvd collection... two movies.)