Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Office-plants

I was in mourning the other day because another stem of my lily plant died here at work. There had been three of them in this one pot; they were a birthday present, and I liked them. But two died and now I've just got the one stem left, and it was looking rather unhealthy.

But then I got to looking at it, and noticed that one stem that had been cut off had, in a most minor-prophet-like way, begun to grow back. I inspected the other. It's starting to grow back. Happiness! My office-plants might survive the winter after all. :-)

I think when spring comes, I'll get pots of herbs--lavender and rosemary and thyme.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You would be most delighted with our room plants. Did you know that Athanasius divided (or multiplied, depending on how you look at it) into Athanasius and Eusebius? :-)

(I miss you--do come visit...)

Jonathan said...

Don't forget to acquire some parsley and sage. Better for singing that way. ;-)

Pinon Coffee said...

No, I hadn't heard Athanasius had divided! I'm so pleased. In fact, I laughed aloud. :-)

Oh...I fully intend to come visit. :-)

As for the parsley and sage: excellent suggestion. I just might have to. And then I can post that song as the song of the day.