Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Things that occur to me as I'm typing...

'Pologies for the disunified blog post. I'm tired. Worked all day, you see.

In a fit of insanity last Sunday, I volunteered to go on the youth ski trip--if they needed another female chaperone. I learned this afternoon they do need another; did I still want to come? Yes, I did. Now, I don't ski. I've gone once. I enjoyed it, actually, but that one time was at Taos, several years ago when I was in the youth group. They left me on the bunny hill all morning, and in the afternoon took me up the mountain. Now, when you're up the mountain, you have to come down. And I did. But the next morning, I was so sore I could barely bend over to help in the nursery. But I'm going skiing here in a couple of weeks. It'll be an adventure.

Our furnace died and the house is cold. No particular idea when the next one will arrive and get cranking. Right now we huddle in the library, which has an independent heater. It's family bonding time.

The play... we had a good rehearsal Monday night. I think we learned a lot--what works, and some things that need changing. The cast situation currently is giving God another chance to show Himself working, let's put it that way. :-) I continue to say that if this play turns out, it'll be because He wanted it to. I certainly have no idea what's going to happen. But this is cool.

No comments: