Thursday, July 26, 2007

A spot of something

"May I have some coffee?"

I looked at the patient. She elaborated.

"You said, last time I was in, I could have some coffee. Is that still okay? I'd like cream and sugar, a lot of cream and sugar."

Now that she mentioned it, we had offered her some. I woke up. "Absolutely! It'll be just a minute."

Back to the back; start a pot of coffee, find and wash an unidentified but very pretty mug, put in a good slosh of the highly preserved hazelnut cream and a spoon of sugar, wait for the very moment the coffee got done; then back to the front. I don't get to make people coffee very often. She said it was really good. Aww...

<:3 )------

"When we get our new office, it'll have to be a dental office and tea-and-coffee room. It'll be an English pub theme, with a coffee pot, and steak-and-kidney pie, and pictures from Oxford--"

"And cheese," I interjected.

"And cheese. And lovely serving wenches."

At which point he returned to his crown prep.

No comments: