Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cultural reasons

Meg was abusing her spoon privileges by splattering milk off her tray, so Jonathan confiscated it.

Meg: "I need a spoon! I need a spoon!"

Jonathan: "I need it for cultural reasons."

Me: ::snicker::

Meg: "I need a spoon!"

Jonathan, taking heart, and acquiring a mostly Scottish accent: "No. Today is the traditional Day of Spoon-Taking, as exemplified in the folk song "Johnny will ye no gi'e me back ma spoon," to which the traditional chorus goes, "No I willna gi'e ye back your spoon," traditionally sung from the highlands to the lowlands. And, of course: the traditional spoon dance." Which he proceeded to do, with a lot of hopping around and some spoon-waving, neener-neener style. Briefly there was an L for loser on his forehead too, but we decided that wasn't authentic.

Meg: "I need a SPOON!"

4 comments:

Ros said...

Very funny!

Jonathan said...

Have I mentioned lately that I love your husband?

- the priest Jonathan

Pinon Coffee said...

I love my husband too. :-D

Maggery said...

I WANT ONE. Though, at this very chuckle-filled moment, I'm not sure whether I mean the husband, the spoon, or the baby . . . XP