Monday, January 09, 2012

I tell you a mystery

Today was Meg's long-standing two-year-old appointment with her new pediatrician. I found the paperwork the new office had sent me, filled it out, filled out (and got Jonathan to fax) the records request for her old pediatrician which I meant to do in December but lost the paper, and called both her old pediatrician and new to make sure everybody knew where records were being faxed.

I got directions and the address, and made it home from grocery shopping to leave on time, and we found the place with no problem. We were ON TIME. This is news, y'all.

Only the receptionist had no record of our appointment. Or of Meg. Or of the doctor's name in my calendar. And the paperwork I'd filled out had been discontinued two months ago.

?!

I should have suspected something was wrong when I didn't get a reminder call, but some offices don't give them.

Double-checked my calendar and my notebook. The doctor's name I wrote down was actually a different pediatrician who had also been recommended by friends. All I can figure is I got mixed up somewhere, because I made a lot of doctor and dentist appointments the day I set it up. But what I want to know is, if the appointment was actually for Other Doctor, how on earth did I get blank paperwork from the office at this address?

Since this office had also been recommended by friends, I set up a new appointment for Friday. The poor records lady confided to me she had a migraine. Meg and I had the good end of the deal, because we went home by way of the toy store train set and then it started snowing.

No comments: