Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wrong, wrong, wrong

Some people tend to get all twitchy when pictures hang crooked. For me, it's when bloggers use the wrong homonym. That tells me they don't understand what they're writing. Which is bad. This is especially distressing in metaphors like

"guild the lily" (should be GILD the lily, as in put gold on it, not put it into committees)

and

"give it free reign" (which at least makes sense, kind of, but it's actually REIN. Like, horses. Horses have reins, not kingdoms).

I also saw someone write "walla" for "voila." Today. Twitch, twitch.

Those are true stories from this week, but I didn't link them to protect the guilty. Thank you. You may now return to your previously scheduled life.

2 comments:

Em said...

I've seen the affect this has on you. Our hole lives, when people elude to the wrong word, it always illicits an frustrated response. also when, people use poor punctuation, mispelings and no capital letters. (teehee) Love ya, sis.

xoxo

Pinon Coffee said...

Oh my stars. You worked really hard on that. GAAAH. Love ya too!

P.S. Meg saw your pic and said, "Aunt Em? Aunt Em?"